Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Beautiful Day in Cuenca


The sun came out again today (Tuesday)! What a beautiful day. We went for our first day of looking at places to possibly live. The view from the first house was grand and the house too. Unfortunately when we got back our host said it was not a desirable neighborhood.

As I lost all my pictures from the day before I headed out on my own to return to the ruins. My guess it is at least a mile or two away. The walk was great and I passed the river Tomebamba along the way. The ruins are well maintained and I wondered around the upper temple area as well as the aviary and sample gardens.













The llamas are used to mow the grass on the steep hillside of the park. The sun was hot and I was tired so I took a cab back to the hotel.

I have tons more pictures but I hope these give you an idea of the size if this place.

We planned to go to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. The business card we had said they opened at 6. When we got there the sign said 6:30. At 6:45 I asked a number of employees what time and they said maybe another 30 minutes! As we were trying to be home for a Skype call to the Tuesday night bible study we ducked into a little restaurant. It was suppose to be Greek . . . Jack and a spaghetti with cheese and bacon and I had some kind of steak. looked good but 2.5 hours later I had a good case of food poisoning!

It was a long night! Running a little late with the postings due to recover time . . more later. Be assured I am fine now!





No comments:

Post a Comment