Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Another Beautiful Day

The sun has greeted us again this morning.  What a beautiful day in Cuenca.  Our weather has been sunny mornings with showers in ther afternoons.  On my bus ride/walk to the Coop and Coral the benefit of the rain shows in the river.  Last week there was more rocks than water!

Today I tried out my new asperador (vacumn cleaner)  worked great.  With Thanksgiving tomorrrow I wanted to get the house clean before the cooking begins.  Sue down the street and I will share the cooking.  We have so much to be thankful for in our new home and new counrty.  Good food is abundant and very reasonable, people generally are very kind an helpful, we have made many new friends in the three weeks we have been here and have been able to renew friendships with those that welcomed us last August when we visited.

Speaking of good food, shopping at the growers coop is a great exerience.  As I mentioned, it is only about three blocks away.  The only problem is my eyes are usually bigger than I can carry comfortably. This little trip cost $7.34 and $3 of that was the chicken breasts!  The food is fresh and the people there are great with this gringa, answering questions about the various produce and trying to explain what to do with some of the fruit that I have never seen before.

Time to kick back and enjoy the evening.  We were going to go to a puppet show but got involved with dinner with friends and the time got away.  View of the skylight in the den will have to do for the night along with my Kindle!  Got to love that electronic book!

Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow and take the time to reflect on the many people that bless your lives, the health you have, and all the good the year has held.  You that are following this bless us with your interest in our adventure. Thank you.

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment